With our critical illness and cancer plans, you’ll receive a benefit after a serious illness or condition, such as a heart attack, stroke, coronary artery disease, or if cancer is diagnosed. During your recovery, you and your loved ones can rest a little easier knowing you won’t have to deplete your bank accounts or take on additional debt to cover day-to-day living expenses.
Critical illness insurance can help provide financial protection in the event of a covered critical illness1. You may choose a benefit amounts of $10,000, $20,000 or $30,000. Coverage is available for yourself as an employee of Barnes, but also your spouse and children. Any coverage for your family members would be equal to 50% of your elected policy face value.
Covered critical illnesses and payment percentages include:
- 100% for heart attack, stroke, major organ failure, permanent paralysis, end-stage renal (kidney) failure, coma as the result of a severe traumatic brain injury, benign brain tumor, blindness and cancer
- 25% for coronary artery bypass surgery and carcinoma in situ
No evidence of insurability is required - after making your election, plan premiums are deducted from your paycheck. Coverage begins on the first of the month in which you have your first payroll deduction for premiums.
1Please refer to the policy for complete definitions of covered critical illnesses
Two Ways to Submit a Claim:
1. Visit the Forms page of our Next360 Benefits website to download a claim form. Work with your physician to complete the form, and fax it along with any additional supporting documentation.
2. Use the Aetna online portal to initiate your claim electronically. Visit www.myaetnasupplemental.com.
This is not intended to be a complete description of the insurance coverage available to you. The policy has exclusions and limitations, which may affect any benefits payable. For complete details of coverage and availability, please refer to the Critical Illness Policy.
- Benefits will not be paid for a specified critical illness that occurs as a result of: transient ischemic attacks; balloon angioplasty; laser relief or other like procedures; your participating or attempting to participate in an illegal activity; your committing or attempting to commit suicide or injuring yourself intentionally, whether you are sane or not; your practicing for or participating in any semiprofessional or professional competitive athletic contest for which any type of compensation or remuneration is received; or your involvement in any period of armed conflict, even if it is not declared.
- The benefit amounts for employees is reduce by 50% on the first policy anniversary after the insured’s 70th birthday. Premiums for the policy will not be reduced.